Ask the experts
Get help. Share your query with experts in Real Estate, Finance, Investments and Law
Ankit Tulsyan

Ankit Tulsyan (C.A)

Ankit Tulsyan is a Chartered Accountant and has worked with some of the Indian Companies at managerial levels. He specializes in auditing, assurance and accounting services and also advises on Income Tax, Service Tax and VAT matters.

He holds a Bachelors degree in Commerce and is also a Licentiate from Insurance Institute of India. Currently, he is pursuing a Diploma in Information System Audit (DISA) from ICAI.

Other/latest questions on tax

Dear Sir. We are based in UK and have indian origin, We have booked an apartment in Gurgaon. Now the builder is asking for PAN card for the purpose of TDS as per the new section 194 . We do not have a PAN card . Please advise.
Asked by SIMRAN
As per the provisions of the Income tax Act, the buyer of an immovable property (where the consideration exceeds Rs. 50 lakhs) is required to obtain a PAN in India in order to withhold taxes from the payment made to the seller of the property. Thus, PAN would be mandatory for the buyer in India. We would be glad to assist you in obtaining PAN in India.
Answered by NRIMatters Team