Ask the experts
Get help. Share your query with experts in Real Estate, Finance, Investments and Law
Ankit Tulsyan

Ankit Tulsyan (C.A)

Ankit Tulsyan is a Chartered Accountant and has worked with some of the Indian Companies at managerial levels. He specializes in auditing, assurance and accounting services and also advises on Income Tax, Service Tax and VAT matters.

He holds a Bachelors degree in Commerce and is also a Licentiate from Insurance Institute of India. Currently, he is pursuing a Diploma in Information System Audit (DISA) from ICAI.

Other/latest questions on tax

We understand that you are a citizen of India and that during the financial years 2010-11 to 2013-14 you were not present in India in any year for more than 182 days. Accordingly, you were a non resident in the said years and only the income which accrued or arose or was deemed to accrue or arise in India would be taxable in India for which a return ... read more
Answered by NRIMatters Team
The form no. for request to the AO for a certificate for lower deduction of tax is Form no. 13. Yes, it is applicable to NRIs as well.
Answered by NRIMatters Team
Yes, every person who is making payment for purchase of property in India from a builder is required to make the payment of service tax , education tax and higher education tax along with the payment of installment. Further the total amount paid (including service tax, education tax and higher education tax) would be included in the cost of acquisition ... read more
Answered by NRIMatters Team
As per the provisions of the Income tax Act, the buyer of an immovable property (where the consideration exceeds Rs. 50 lakhs) is required to obtain a PAN in India in order to withhold taxes from the payment made to the seller of the property. Thus, PAN would be mandatory for the buyer in India. We would be glad to assist you in obtaining PAN in India. ... read more
Answered by NRIMatters Team
Kotak Investment Bulletin