Hi there, I am a NRI and have purchased a flat in Construction linked plan for which I am paying Instalments since 1 year, and have taken that flat showing as an Indian in re-sale 2 mths after the Launch. But it will be registered to me after completion. I am staying in UK since 5 years. However As per Finance Bill of 2013, TDS is applicable on sale of immoveable property wherein the sale consideration of the property exceeds or is equal to Rs 50,00,000 (Rupees Fifty Lakhs). Sec 194 IA of the Income Tax Act, 1961 states that for all transactions with effect from June 1, 2013, Tax @ 1% should be deducted by the purchaser of the property at the time of making payment of sale consideration. Will that be appalicable to me , as I don\'t file any return in India and hasn\'t filed since 5 years since I move from India. Do I have to tell the builder to whom I paid instalments that I am an NRI and doesn\'t require to deduct any tax and i can pay the whole instalments instead of paying 1% as tax and the remaining 99% to the builder.. I would appreciate if you can please reply as I don\'t know, wheather I should file any return or will my builder put on a NRI quota.?